Email Me

About Me

My photo
I am an elementary education major at the University of South Alabama. I decided to go into this field after changing my major two times. I felt this is where my calling is to help students achieve more than they think they can.

Monday, February 1, 2010

podcast for 1/31/2010

SmartBoard Lessons
I had never listened to or been introduced to a podcast before so I was a little uneasy as to how I would feel about it. This particular one was done as if you were listening to a radio show. The two host talk about how to get students interested in a particular subject and also how to wrap up the school year by using movies. This podcast was not very organized in my opinion.


KidCast
In this one the guy stays on task and he talks about the difference between podcasting and video casting. He claims that video casting is not the next step that leads to podcasting. He also claims that you do not have to have a video cast to become a great podcaster. Audio casting is he believes is easier than video casting for students. He also thinks that students should know how to do video casts because there are going to be certain times and places where they would work better than a podcast.

ConnectLearning
In this one the guy goes around asking librarians how they feel about podcast and if they think it helps them out with their jobs. They think that it can help make their job easier and also get students more interested in reading.

EdTechtalk
This podcast was not put together in my opinion very well at all. The group of women did not stay on topic at all and I was not able to hear them very well. The went from one topic to a completely different topic which I did not care for at all.

MacBreakWeekly and This Week in Photography
These two seemed to be the same in format. They helped me somewhat understand since I was not completely familar with everything.

2 comments:

  1. As you pointed out the Ed Tech Talk was a little unorganized and hard to follow. When you and your group do your podcast keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete