Email Me

About Me

My photo
I am an elementary education major at the University of South Alabama. I decided to go into this field after changing my major two times. I felt this is where my calling is to help students achieve more than they think they can.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mr Winkle Wakes

Mr. Winkle Wakes is a take on rip van winkle- a man who wakes up after 100 year snooze and everything is different. The Mr. Winkle in this video passes by buildings that are higher than they were before. He becomes overwhelmed by today's technology and falls ill. When he gets to the hospital, he is surrounded by machines that beep, causing more anxiety. Finally Mr. Winkle wanders into a school, where nothing has changed, there he becomes relaxed---more at home.

I agree with this message. I believe that the old methods of teaching are not working anymore; our students are bored, we should be more aggressive and let go of our comfort zones. And if we are not careful and embrace this technology we will end up like Mr. Winkle---afraid to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment