Email Me

About Me

My photo
I am an elementary education major at the University of South Alabama. I decided to go into this field after changing my major two times. I felt this is where my calling is to help students achieve more than they think they can.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Schools Kill Creativity?

The talk given by Ken Robinson, was extremely interesting. The talk was centered around how schools generally kill students creativity. That people who do not learn in an acceptable way will be forced to be ostracized in society and also school, and how we the teachers, also do this--we do not accommodate to their needs. We teach in one way and one way only.

I agree with this theory, every kid is different and hardwired differently, and learns differently. As teachers, we should accommodate to this, and embrace the fact that this kid is different and not ostracize he/she for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment