Email Me

About Me

My photo
I am an elementary education major at the University of South Alabama. I decided to go into this field after changing my major two times. I felt this is where my calling is to help students achieve more than they think they can.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

homework for 2/21/2010

Part one of the assignemnt for this week was to go to Dr. Alice Christie's website and find something that I think would be helpful to me as a teacher. I found the GPS and geocoaching to be very informative and interesting and think that I would be able to use that in my classroom.
This is an idea that gets kids involved in the lesson and takes it from being a teacher centered environment to an environment that focus' on the children. This site also shows you how to incorporate it for each level of children like your elementary school, middle school, and high school. This is helpful because it isn't just one level of children that can use it but instead it is made for every level.


The second assignment was to discover iTunes University and learn all about it. This was a podcast on itunes that is totally free and includes universities from all over the country. I found this tool to be very helpful for when I become a teacher.
This tool gives students another method of learning plus lets them see different points of views on different topics. It allows them to expand their views of thinking.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog! I think ITunesU was really useful too; It will be a great way for our students to learn extra things outside of our classroom : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely recommend teachers using Itunes University! It is such a fun way for students everywhere to learn new things!

    ReplyDelete