Email Me

About Me

My photo
I am an elementary education major at the University of South Alabama. I decided to go into this field after changing my major two times. I felt this is where my calling is to help students achieve more than they think they can.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture


This lecture starts out by Randy Pausch introducing himself. He has been told he has liver cancer and will only live for a few more months. For this reason he decided to give what is titled "Last Lecture". In this lecture he gives advice and also inspiration to everyone I think who was there for that lecture but not only to them now this is a lecture that is very well known and I think that anyone who reads this will be inspired.
When he starts his lecture he talks about some of his childhood dreams and then he tells how he accomplished them. The way I felt while listening to his lecture was that he was a very persistant person who tried to accomplish everything he set out to do. That inspired me to not give up on anything that I can accomplish it if I just set forth an effort and do not give up.
He is an amazing man and I think that everyone should watch this video because everyone could learn something from him. After watching his video I was in a state of shock to think that this man could have done all of this and that I sit here and complain about little things in life that I am having issues with. I now have decided that I am going to buy his book and read it. I want to learn more about him because he made such an impact on me and I think that his book will be just as amazing as his lecture. I hope that I can have at least some impact like he did on everyone who has heard him speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment