Email Me

About Me

My photo
I am an elementary education major at the University of South Alabama. I decided to go into this field after changing my major two times. I felt this is where my calling is to help students achieve more than they think they can.

Monday, April 26, 2010

assignment for april 18

For this assignment we are supposed to pick a topic that relates to EDM310. The topic I have chosen is blogging. I am going into elementary education and I think that blogging is a great way to get students involved in the areas that I am teaching. I learned a lot this semester about blogging before I was not really interested in it but now I think it is a really good tool for education.
Comments for kids is a good example of how blogging is useful. Over the semester we have been assigned to several student's blogs and had to post a comment on their page. I thought this was very interesting and made me rethink about blogging. I found it amazing how students so young were able to create post on their blog and I also enjoyed reading about some of their activities that they have done that day. Not only do they post to their blogs but they also post video cast and use voicethread for their blog.
After this sememster I plan to continue learning more ways to use blogs in my classroom. I also plan to use everything else I have learned in this class but the blogging just stuck out to me the most. It also allows students to get their work out for others to see and comment on.

No comments:

Post a Comment