Email Me

About Me

My photo
I am an elementary education major at the University of South Alabama. I decided to go into this field after changing my major two times. I felt this is where my calling is to help students achieve more than they think they can.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dear Kia


This assignment was to watch and read about a young girl named Kia she is three years old. I was amazed at how a child so young could grasp the concept of what she learned and then was able to use it. I think this is amazing and the fact that her father is allowing everyone to see it was even better. This has shown me how technology has advanced and that how children at any age almost can use it in some form. She was able to take pictures and then in one video she told what she had taken pictures of.
I was very inspired by all of the things that her family had taught her and made me realize that as a future teacher I could really use this to help students. I realize that I will have students who will like to have the option to learn about things in a way that is not typical of teaching like going out and taking pictures of nature and then having the students talk about what they learned and then sharing it with the world by having a blog. For the fact we live in such a world now that media is a big part students are quick to become uninterested in the typical textbook teaching and that we as future educators need to learn other ways to keep students interested and I think that what Kia's father is teaching her and how he is teaching her is a good example and I hope that I will be able to use some of those ways in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment